Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Exhibition at Wollombi

Lots of work went into preparing items for the exhibition I held at Wollombi, in late May/early June. But it was very successful. About 3/4 of the items I exhibited were sold. I invited Helene Taylor to join me, to show some of her magnificent fine knitting. her items did not sell as well, but they attracted a lot of positive interest and attention.

I did not intend to take orders for other items, but several people were disappointed to see what they liked had a red dot on it already. So post exhibition I have been bust making some more garments.

Here are some pics of the gallery, as we set it up, and on the busy first morning.

Tracey and Mwyf came up to help me set up the exhibition. Their help and creativity was invaluable.

The back wall

side wall with some of my scarves, and Helene's wonderful hand knitted shawl

More scarves
I made up the autumn fabric I wove a few weeks into another mantle. It sold the first night!

Wraps, hangings, and foot-warmers

Wraps, scarves, and foot-warmers

More wraps, a hanging, and the purple toned mantle/jacket I made several months ago
Me on opening night

This autumn toned, warp dyed ruana also sold the first night

Plenty of lookers and buyers on the first morning

Lots of lookers and buyers

My saori loom on display attracted lots of interest. It was even more popular when grand-daughter Isabelle spent a morning demonstrating it. Grand-daughter Jessica demonstrated an inkle loom at the same time.

I am so thrilled with the way the exhibition went.

No comments: