Saturday, September 09, 2017

















Wraps are not the easiest things to wear - you have to keep them sitting on your shoulders. But with a few well placed buttons, they sit comfortably and  can be worn elegantly. These two are woven from pure wool boucle.

The one above is modelled by Marie.





Two boat neck tops:
The one above is woven in black 2 ply wool, with handspun autumn toned stripes in a Fibonacci sequence.
The one below is woven in wool boucle with collapse weave green mohair stripes.
I love ruanas, as they are so easy and comfortable and easy to wear. This one, being worn by my friend Carol was  woven mostly from my hand-dyed 3 ply wool.

 

 I received a commission at our exhibition at Wollombi in June. I wove 5 metres of blue/green Saori, which I made it into a jacket. Yes, it does look a bit too big for me, but it fitted the person I made it for perfectly!

No comments: